Here are 10 ways you can honour your baby by driving that conversation to open up about your loss:
- Get a tattoo of your baby’s name or footprint.
- Wear your baby’s urn in a necklace charm – did you know you can do this? There are some really nice ones on Amazon.
- Display your baby’s hand or foot cast front and centre in your living room.
- Show off your c-section scar.
- Speak openly and freely about your baby: Ex. “Do you have any children? – Yes, one in heaven.”
- Write a blog or start a social media account just to write about them.
- Start a campaign for the Baby loss Awareness events happening on October 15th each year.
- Start a fundraiser or donate in their name.
- Name a star after them.
- Donate toys to orphanages or children shelters around your city on their birthday or due date.
Infant/Pregnancy loss is like going through an emotional war. You get a horrible injury from that war – you lose an arm, you get a deep gash, or lose a foot. A part of you is gone. An injured solider gets a medal of Honour when they return home. It should be the same for the bravery you face through losing a child. I truly believe that.
Whatever way you choose to honour your baby, it will be the best way because they will know how much you love them. <3